Monday, November 03, 2008

Things That Go Bump in the Night


Grave things are afoot

Wow. So here it is, as promised my full post-party report. It was a big group effort to put together. Everybody in my family, cousins and aunts, uncles and grandparents helped out, making the food, moving furniture, wiring up laptops, decorating every available picture frame with pretend dust (a task which it turns out, my sister is a closet genius at! That fake dust is actually a very difficult thing to work with, but Eleanor has the knack it seems), and just generally pitching in to pull it off. 

And then people showed up. Lots of people. Many people we'd seen recently, and many more we hadn't seen in so long.  It was lovely.  And so many people made such an effort with costumes! Halloween isn't as big a deal in the UK as it is in America, and I know from when I was in New York last year, it is so much fun when everybody dresses up, so I'm really glad that people did! It was fantastic to see, and really good fun to guess who everybody was. 

Below are a few of the costumes that I managed to get good pictures of:

My friend Holly as a witch; I'm really feeling her facial spiderweb.. directional

My friend Laura, as another witch

My friend James, as some sort of creature of the night, and I don't mean a hooker

My lovely sister; she's just a devil woman, with evil on her mind

My youngest bro-fo Ed as Alex from A Clockwork Orange

My uncle, as Heath Ledger's Joker, one of my favourite costumes of the evening

My lovely mummy, as a Batwoman. With really shiny earrings.

My sisters lovely friends, Matthew and Pete, as Doctor Who and The Master in their signature "mortal enemies" pose.

See? Didn't everybody do well? I am now going to 'play you out' with some more generic party time type photos that I took that I like, which summed up the good time everybody had. And you may even see the results of my blood-making Carrie-inducing efforts in the form of my very own prom-queen nightmare costume in there as well.

My cousin Sophie (as a mummy) and my brother Ed. Cuteness!

Me and Holly: Blood, it's so AW08

My sister Eleanor and her friend Liam (not dressed up = upsetting)

I'm sure she loves me really. I'm sure...

L-R: Holly, Some joker, my lovely friend Esther as a 20s flapper, and Laura

Big fun!! Same again next year?

No comments: